IP is an identifier for a computer or device on a TCP/IP <a href="http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/N/network.html”>network. Networks using the TCP/IP protocol route messages based on the IP address of the destination. The format of an IP address is a 32-bit numeric address written as four numbers separated by periods. Each number can be zero to 255. For example, 126.96.36.199 could be an IP address.
So today i will tell you how to change it using a small and quick method.
For XP :
Click start and then click run
type in cmd in the box that appears
Type ipconfig /release and hit enter
Go to control panel by clicking start,control panel.
Then click on Network connections
Right click on the active Local Area Connection and choose Properties
Double click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
Click on use the following IP adress
Enter any false IP like 188.8.131.52
Click on TAB once and the Subnet Mask section will populate with default numbers.
Click on OK twice
Right click the active Local Area Connection again and choose Properties
Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
Choose Obtain an IP address automatically
Hit OK twice
Then go to http://www.whatismyip.com to see if you have a new IP address.If this is not working,either restart your pc or wait for sometime or try this again.
1. Click Start
2. Click All Programs expand the Accessories menu
3. In the Accessories menu, Right Click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator
4. Type ipconfig /release and hit enter
5. Click Start, Control Panel, and open Network and Sharing Center. Depending on your view, you may have to click Network and Internet before you see the Network and Sharing Center icon
6. From the Tasks menu on the left, choose Manage Network Connections
7. Find and Right click on the active Local Area Connection and choose Properties (If you’re hit with a UAC prompt, choose Continue)
8. Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
9. Click on Use the following IP address
10. Enter a false IP like 184.108.40.206
11. Press Tab and the Subnet Mask section will populate with default numbers
12. Hit OK twice
13. Right click the active Local Area Connection again and choose Properties
14. Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
15. Choose Obtain an IP address automatically
16. Hit OK twice
17. Go to http://www.whatismyip.com to see if you have a new IP address
If you have any doubts,contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org